St. GregoriosSchool, Gregorian Nagar, Sector 11, Dwarka, New Delhi was started in the year 1981, owing to the devoted efforts of legendries of the Gregorian Orthodox Church Society, Janakpuri.The school derives inspiration from a born visionary St Gregorios. He is known for his chivalrous service to the humanity as a man of prayer and as an ardent advocate of social fraternity and brotherhood. This institution is still gleaming with youthful vigor, dynamism, enviable glory and grace. SGS has completed more than 40 glorious years of service for the cause of education with a sound track record and is renowned as one of the ripple making schools of New Delhi. The school has been carrying the torch of knowledge through value education and character formation with dignity and grandeur. Its mission - vision philosophy is “Light to Lighten.” Education aims to acquire the present-day wisdom to act as a cause to changevarious spheres of the society such as social, political, economic, scientific etc. Education as a tool has always paved radiance to the social and cultural norms as learning is related to personality, social behavior and development. Keeping in mind the real cause of education, SGS aspires to implant specific attitudes, knowledge and skills to the members of the society through formal and systematic learning experience.
Thus SGS aims to:
- Identifying and emboldening talents of all kinds and degrees to stretch the intellectual and creative capacity of individual students towards the expansion of the potential power of learning and the critical independent thought process.
- Providing Students with the skills and opportunities to envision and develop all the aspects of inherent talents and communication: oral, written and visual.
- Envision to illustrate the inter-relationship of all human knowledge through the mission values and conduct, to cultivate an appreciation of students’ creative skills and to stimulate a concept of learning as a life-long process. Thus to depart knowledge and understanding of the environment in which a child lives, including recognition of the interdependence of human being in his various activities upon his companions and the physical world around him.
- To induce sensitiveness of perception, receptiveness to new ideas and imaginative sympathy with the experiences of others.
- To inculcate basic human values such as tolerance, independence, flexibility of mind, humility in the face of the wonders of nature, respect for everyone, their beliefs and values and a respect for manual work etc.
- To enable the child to develop independence, confidence and self-reliance. Towards this goal special consideration in stimulating intellectual curiosity by directing and developing emotional intelligence to attain clear thinking resulting in non-discrimination.
- To produce an awareness of the mainstream of our cultural and literary and scientific traditions.
- To strengthen those inner resources and traits of character, which enable the individual, when necessary, to standalone to face the challenges of life.
I would like to take this opportunity to seek the continued support, good wishes and blessings of all whilefeeling privileged to be part of the mission and vision of St. Gregorios School.
May the Good Lord keep us happy with every blessings especially good health.
Dr. Manoj Kumar Narikuzhiyil Joy
MA, M.Com., B.Ed., M.Ed., Ph.D.